Sunday, August 22, 2010

Calling All Preteen's


This is a birthday cake that I did for Andersen. She DID receive a cell phone this year for her gift. We thought it would be fun to make a cell phone cake. My original thought was to duplicate the look of the phone she would receive - however - the purchase of the phone was brought so down to the wire that I didn't even see it until the morning she received it.

With that thought I searched the internet for ideas of cell phone cakes. I wish I knew the website this photo came from. It was listed in a photo gallery - Flickr or something similar. So I can't give proper credit to the person who originated the phone design idea.


The idea is simple - the outcome is obvious. The cake was a hit. In fact, Andersen loved the cake so much that we didn't cut into it for a few days. This gave me the experience of what happens to a fondant cake when it sits in the refrigerator for a few days. Are you wondering? Not much. It did get a bit drier looking, but it did not crack or decompose at all. Tasted the same when we cut into it. The cake however seemed more moist then it originally was.


This cake was a Banana Spice cake with a Cinnamon Buttercream icing and a Vanilla Fondant. This is one of my personal favorites!

No comments: