Friday, October 22, 2010

Dave's Birthday Cupcakes


It is my Sweetie's Birthday Today!! Happy Birthday Day Dave!!

Today Dave turns all of 40 years old..........Yesterday he wanted to take some cupcakes to work - so we baked up a couple dozen - iced them - and then I took small rounds of fondant and wrote a message of Birthday Wishes (notice I left his age off - that makes me wonder - at what AGE do we start leaving our age off the Birthday Cake? I mean when I do cakes for friends they always ask it to say "Happy 12th Birthday SoandSo"........is it 21?)



Well anyway - I saw that some Cakers have come up with the clever thought of cutting small flat fondant pieces and writing letters on them to create a message that can transfer to cupcakes. How smart was/is that? So here it is - and most likely here you will see it again!!

These Birthday Cakes were Dave's favorite flavor - Chocolate Chocolate Chip - some with a Vanilla Buttercream Icing and some with a Chocolate Buttercream Icing (Dave's fav is the Vanilla).

Happy Birthday All Day Long!

No comments: