Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Sports Theme Baby Shower Cake

Here is a fun little easy buttercream iced cake that was set for a baby shower party at our elementary school for one of our teaching assistants. Not too long back I was asked by my sister in law to do something in a sports theme for her sister for a baby shower and I started searching Sports Theme'd Baby Showers. A cake popped up that had a border of various balls used for sports and I filed that away in my head.


Then when my friend, Tim, husband of Catherine, asked me if I would make the cake for the teacher and that it was going to be a baby boy and they would do sports.........I already had my idea.



I took some fondant and shaped some easy baseballs, footballs and golf balls. You can't see it, but the golf balls have a texture to them. Supposedly making them more golf ball like.



Then I drew a bunch of green and blue lines - AS YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE. Cute & Easy!!


This cake was half Chocolate and half Butter. Iced in a Vanilla buttercream and just a touch of vanilla fondant for deco.

2 comments:

stevenjared0853 said...

I just loved taking a look at these Sports Theme Baby Shower Cake photos. It has been inspiring me to use this cute theme for my own sister’s baby shower that I am planning to host at one of the local home studios NYC. I was unsure about the theme, but you have helped me regarding that.

Anonymous said...

صيانة افران
صيانة افران بالمدينة المنورة