Monday, January 2, 2012

A Wedding!!!

A Wedding! A Wedding! A Wedding! Yes, I finally was asked to do a wedding ............. I have been waiting uh....well like my whole life (as my kids would say - that always cracks me up that they are 5, 9 & 12 and will say "my whole life".........sigh - if they only knew).

Anyway - I have a wonderful neighbor who lives down the main road from me that has started a business as a wedding creator extroadinaire. She really knows her stuff and can make events fun - and or elegant. Simple Elegance is the name of her business. A few months back she asked me if I would be interested in doing wedding cakes for her wedding if the couple chose me. While I tried to remain calm about the whole thing I think it came out in my eyes that I was boggled with excitement!!

and then as we talked about the wedding cake they wanted they started with saying that they really wanted SHEET CAKES!! Many Many of them!!! Pink.......

Purple........

Green...........and there was a Blue one too. Ack!! That was too easy.......4 Sheet Cakes!! Granted they were each in a different flavor.....but still - TOO EASY!! So I asked if they didn't also want at least a small stacked cake with some flourish - and YEA they did!!

A nice simple white cake with some fondant Gerber Daisies because that was what the Bride and her attendants would be carrying.

It was so much fun to create the flowers for the cake - and even more fun to deliver it....

Although - at the time of the wedding there was a monsoon happening. Poor Wedding - it rained and rained and rained and rained. I sat in my van for a few moments waiting for the rain to let us so that the cake didn't get too wet - but it never did let us. I am pretty certain that after I finished setting up it started raining even harder!

There was so much moisture in the air that I noticed my cake started to wilt a little. Heheehee.

No comments: