Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Simple Chocolate


Some days are easier then others. This is true in life and true in cake decorating. Being the mom that I am the kids will often times come in and say, "I really want to do something special for my teacher." This day it was Andersen who wanted to give her teacher a Bday gift. "Oh, make her a lovely card. You are getting so good at making those sweetie!" was my initial thought.

She looked at me......"Yeah, and you can make her a cake too." Something whispered to me that this was her original thought. And so a cake was baked - because I too loved her teacher.

The cake was Chocolate Chocolate Chip cake with a Dark Chocolate Buttercream Icing. Then some crushed Heath Bar sprinkled on top. HB = Happy Birthday - the cake was a 6" double, so not enough space to write a bunch with the crumbly candy up there too. Simple side sweeps for the deco. My favorite way to decorate.

No comments: