Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Falling Leaves Tree

Here is another fun cake that I put out for the Craft Show Bakery. It was a fun and simple cake. I am starting to realize that sometimes I can take the fondant pieces and use them on top of a buttercream'd cake and make it look pretty cool. Making fondant pieces is super simple compared to trying to cover a cake in total fondant.

In the end the cake was very cute and sold pretty quickly. I even had someone ask for a second one..........which I would post with this one if I could get the printer to cooperate with me. Dang technology. The second cake I layed the fondant pieces on before they had hardened - so they melded into one another more and they ended up looking more like a cap of fondant laying on top of the cake. It was very cool - oh, and I also painted the pieces with gold glitter - so they twinkled a bit.
This cake was Pumpkin Spice with a Cinnamon Buttercream icing and Vanilla Fondant pieces over the top. Very delish!!


No comments: